AOD 1 Decomposition systemThe AOD 1 is used for oxidative decomposition of solid and liquid organic and partially inorganic samples under pressure in a closed system.
The system consists of:
AOD 1.1 Decomposition vessel, C 48 Oxygen station, AOD 1.2 External ignition unit, AOD 1.11 Control standard (50 ml)
In order to operate the decomposition system properly it is required to have a protective device in place in order to safely ignite the sample.
If such protective device is already in place, please add the accessory AOD 1.3 remote ignition head.
If no protective device is in place, our AOD 1.3 protective device could be chosen for example.
- Quantitative decomposition of all halogens, sulfur, as well as volatile metals, e.g. As and Hg
- Absorption of the combustion products in an aqueous medium
- Catalytic support of the oxidation process with auto-regenerating catalytic inner surface of the decomposition vessel
- Pressure vessel of high-grade stainless steel
- Decomposition temperature up to 1200 °C
- Max. operating pressure during decomposition 195 bar
- Decomposition time < 3 min
- The decomposition vessel can be changed over to use combustible crucibles C 14
- Control standards for Cl, S ( AOD 1.11)
- Introduction of the combustion gases into the absorption solution via venting station C 7030
Principle and function are based on the method of the combustion in the bomb calorimeter and validated according
Other relevant standards are for example:
- DIN / EN 14582, determination characteristics of waste, halogen and sulfur content
- DIN 51527, Testing of solid samples, determination of chlorine content