Farm Manager/Farm Assistant
Rocky Point, NC/United States
- Practical daily activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery, mowing grass, feeding livestock, spraying fields, etc;
- Buying supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds;
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops;
- Monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets;
- Regularly exchange with owner on vegetables; grow vegetables regularly and share them with employees
- For any company events at the farm, support set up and tear down
- Assist with Kidscamp according to Kidscamp coordinator (e.g. set up different stations)
- Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them;
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Highschool degree
- Over three years of experience in farming and agriculture
- Familiar with health and safety standards for livestock
- Basic PC skills (especially Microsoft Excel);
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Team player, open-minded and flexible.
- Initiative, self-driven and independent; able to work under pressure and multi-tasks.
- Patient and ready to help people