Laboratory & Analytical Sales Account Manager
New York / New Jersey/United States
The IKA Account Manager is responsible to maintain and establish growth of the current Academic, Biotech, Pharma, Industrial, Clinical customer base. Primary responsibilities also include developing and creating new business opportunities through promoting the IKA portfolio, working strategically with their Process counterparts, Distribution Representatives and Direct customers. The Account Manager will actively seek to convert competitive business and develop new customers in assigned territory leading to increased revenues for the company. The Account Manager is directly responsible for achieving their territory sales growth.
Develop Territorial Business Plan to achieve sales goals inclusive of influencing territorial luminaries via new products/applications positioning. Develop and maintain adequate short/long term sales pipeline to consistently generate profitable revenue. Achievement of revenues goals by growing existing customer bases as well as conversions of competitive accounts. Deliver a quarterly strategic plan for their region that focuses on growing Distribution and Direct revenue in the territory. Building team relationships with other IKA Sales, Service, and Technical Support Associates to maximize sales revenues while promoting opportunities, harmony, and territorial management. Develops and maintains one on one relationship with key distributor sales reps within assigned areas.
- Attend and support local, regional and national trade shows as required.
- Provide quotations and technical assistance to customers for products and accessories.
- Helps customers with technical questions or rerouting call to the appropriate sales or service person.
- Routinely study and gain technical knowledge on the Laboratory and Analytical portfolio and competitors.
- Day-to-day teamwork, cross- training, coordination of all activities with Inside Sales Director while working collaboratively with the customer.
- Explores and understands competitor’s strengths, vulnerabilities and strategies and disseminates through IKA sales team.
- Maintain good customer contact records in electronic format.
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in Chemistry or other scientific discipline with a minimum of 2 years scientific sales experience.
- Ability to travel as required in sales territory area.
- Selected candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment driving/background check and drug screen.