Industrial Engineer Laboratory and Analytical
Wilmington, NC/United States
SUMMARY: Provide manufacturing/documentation support for all Laboratory, Analytical and Process Equipment made or purchased by IKA, primary focus on Laboratory/Analytical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops documents and maintains efficient assembly procedures, including design of assembly tooling, fixtures and workstations.
- Reduce waste by decreasing the time units are in WIP (work in process).
- Initiates engineering changes to enhance manufacturing assembly for the purpose of improving quality, efficiency and costs. Reviews the German ECN’s, makes BOM changes as necessary, and handles the departmental notifications as required.
- Reduce manufacturing costs, and improve labor efficiency and productivity, and response time or delivery of the end product to our customer by eliminating batch processes and implementation of assembly cells and inventory control with implementation of "LEAN Manufacturing " methods. Develops and maintains bills of materials. Responsible for material certifications, Installation and Operation Qualifications (IQ/OQ) validations.
- Enters and maintains the Item Master in the system software so component information is accurate and consistent.
- Responsible for writing and documenting assembly procedures and instructions for training and general assembly.
- Responsible for resolving problems that occur in manufacturing. Determine the problem, ie: wrong parts used, parts out of spec, assembly error, etc. Take the necessary steps to resolve the issue.
- Maintain a philosophy of continual improvement to increase consistency, efficiency, and quality.
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university and 2 years related experience with a working knowledge of electromechanical and Industrial manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment driving, criminal background check and drug screen.
IKA Works, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package. All interested applicants, please submit your credentials (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit our website for more information about IKA Works, Inc. at www.ika.com.