Wilmington, NC/United States
- Primary responsibility to evaluate supplier services based on engineering specifications and drawings to determine most desirable source for the following(but not limited to) services, components or equipment: machining and fabricating, process equipment including ro-tor/stator dispersing machines, homogenizers, pumps, motors, feeders, seals and associated control systems. Evaluate vendor dependability and suitability in meeting the organization’s supply requirements. Set criteria for sources of supply and establish vendor approvals and standards. Work closely with Engineering for authorization of any new vendor selections; this may include a work samples and site visits.
- Responsible to arrange purchase and receipt of materials to meet demands and requirements of the organization based on quality, price and delivery. Continually strive to minimize total yearly cost of purchased items.
- Responsible for final acceptance of price, quantity, and delivery of all purchased items includ-ing creating and maintaining of accurate record keeping.
- Arrange for and evaluate competitive quotations and contracts and ensure compliance, by the vendors, to accepted quotations and contracts.
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure timely deliveries to avoid any delays in manufacturing processes. Communicate any material shortages, unforeseen problems or changes with purchased materials to relevant departments including materials, production, sales, engineer-ing and facility managers or their staff. Communicate all sub-standard performance by vendors to Materials Manager. Resolve issues of sub-standard performance by any vendors. Work to maintain and/or improve existing relationships with approved vendors.
- Work with project leaders for coordination and needs of special projects.
- Keep abreast of changing trends in prices and availability of materials and recommend neces-sary actions to maintain supplies of materials to meet production and sales demands.
- Verify compliance of suppliers to all accepted quotations and/or contracts and bring closure to purchase orders.
- Communicate with domestic and foreign vendors.
- May be required to coordinate import and export of products and materials.
- Manage the record-keeping and return process of all rejected materials. Rejected materials must be returned in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of or previous sourcing/purchasing of machined components and fabrications, processing equipment including rotor/stator dispersing machines, homogenizers, pumps, motors, feeders, seals and associated control systems, or related equipment required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s (BS) or Associate’s Degree (AS) in Engineering, Engineering Technology and/or Drafting and Design Technology or related field and at least 5 years experience in sourcing and/or buying. Purchasing Engineer will act as mentor to less experienced buyers or non-technical buyers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common contracts, quotations, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from suppliers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community using effective writing skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management or public groups.
- Ability to use college level math skills and to interpret quotations, financial information, and economic order quantities.
- Ability to use MS-Word, Excel, Access and Fourth Shift (or other equivalent manufacturing software) to supply the company with the proper documentation, schedules, and reports needed for the department to function effectively.
- Valid drivers license and passport required.
If you are interested in actively contributing to our continued growth and success, further information is available by email to HR@ika.net, Phone 910-452-7059. All applications will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Please send your complete application and resume to Sandra Miller, HR Assistant.